Thursday, November 3, 2011

this is why we can't be friends: PICKLES THE DAMN CAT

IT'S LIKE THE BLOG POST THAT WOULDN'T DIE.

this is so stupid.

Okay friends, so if you have been reading our blog for a while you may remember the "pickles the cat" conversation of August 2010.

Need a refresher? read here. I'll wait.

So then, as you may also recall...my wonderful uncle brought THIS to Andy's attention.

Then a few months later I fessed up about THIS.

and then today, OVER A YEAR, since the original "incident", Andy forwards me not one BUT TWO emails he received from my Uncle Kelly (who, by the way, I hope gets attacked by a pack of cats all named pickles on his way home from work today)

1st email:

Meet Pickles!

http://i3.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/lens17142091_129412445420051108-P6120004e.jpg

Pickles is our beloved cat adopted into our lives at the tender age of 4 weeks. We also adopted Pumpkin (3 weeks of age) at the same time, but unfortunately he passed away 2.5 years later to a neurological disease.
During the first 4 years Pickles (and Pumpkin) had many companions who were fostered until permanent homes were found for them

2nd email:

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU ALL SAY -- PICKLES IS NOT A COMMON CAT NAME. NEED PROOF? HERE IS THE LINK TO WIKIPEDIA'S LIST OF POPULAR CAT NAMES:

(thanks Alyson for the idea to look it up...um, yes, I was ranting about this at work. yes, I do need to get a life.)

let me save you the trouble of going to that site....they have several lists of popular cat names...broken down by different countries and different years (yea, wow, who knew?) and guess what....

NONE OF THEM HAVE PICKLES ON THE LIST.

I win. I am right. the end.


No comments: