Tuesday, January 21, 2014

this is why we can't be friends: wind chill

So yes, Andy is from Minnesota....where apparently temperature doesn't exist in the winter.  So don't complain about it being cold if you don't live there.  You don't know what real cold is.  Only people from Minnesota do. Sorry.

(by the way the drama of when it reaches like 87 degrees and he is MELTING can't be imagined...but forbid anyone complain when it's cold.)

moving on to this morning's converastion:

me: I guess it was smart thinking of me to wear a dress on the day it's 8 below.

andy: (all minnesota knowingly) that is just the windchill

me: you mean the "feels like" temperature? 

andy: exactly.

me: oh great. well, I guess I'm fine then.  

...

me: you should wear something nice since it's your birthday

andy: I want to wear my green flannel shirt because it's cold....I'm also going to wear my long underwear.


<< sigh >>

Refer to the top note.  Only people from Minnesota are allowed to complain about the cold.

this is why we can't be friends.

oh, and happy birthday andy! :)

No comments: