Friday, August 26, 2011

New blog feature.

For a while I have been struggling with a title for a new recurring blog post. I have been using the "hmm. interesting" label for things beyond its original purpose. Click here to view the original "hmm. interesting" post.

So. As you can see that label is really designed for things that would make you think "hmm. interesting" or "please stop talking to me" or "that is really strange", and not necessarily things that make you think "wow, you are an idiot" or "that is ridiculous" or "no, really, did you think this through?"....alas, I am trying to decide on a new label for these occurrences.

A good example is the post below about using wikipedia. It doesn't really qualify for "hmm. interesting", but I'd like to group it with other things that make me think "yea...you should have maybe asked yourself, does this make me look stupid in any way?"

You may be thinking, "Sandy, why does it matter if you 'label' your posts?"

GREAT question.

Answer:

1. I am anal.

2. It is my blog and I want to.

3. When you are searching for stupid things other people do in order to feel better about yourself, the last thing you want to do is to look through tons of old posts about my nieces and nephews or what I made for dinner...you want to jump right to the good stuff. hence the labels on the right.

So, please, if you would, VOTE on which label you think is most appropriate. Poll is on the right. If you have an idea of your own I invite you to leave it in the comments.

Lastly, yes, this very post could probably be labeled under this new label. I am okay with that.

1 comment:

E said...

I would like example blogs before I vote...