Tuesday, April 21, 2015

because I earned it.


I've heard you out there, oldest child, whining about how much easier your younger siblings have had it.  blah blah blah, on and on and on.....

You know what I've learned from having more than 1 child?  Oldest children are right...but more importantly the youngest child has earned it..10 time over.

Seriously.

If Bode one day gets a later curfew or gets away with more it is basically reparations for his life as a "non first child"  -- making up for all the pokes, prods, pushes, taking the blanket he wants or the toy he wants, or having to wear what his sister picks out, or getting held by whichever parents she doesn't want holding her.

I should start taking photos and video recordings of Cora attacking the poor little guy so later when she complains about how "easy he has it" I can be like, yes, and this is why: he lived through the trauma of you picking out his outfits and "helping him roll over" and "I touched Bode's eye".

All in all I'd say oldest children are getting off easy.  I actually feel more sad for myself now, because I'm getting an inkling at the obvious trauma I must have endured has a child.  (Shawna, it would be completely appropriate for you to start buying be presents or baking me delicious eateries to make up for said abuse).  

So, perhaps has Bode grows the discipline will relax a bit, or he'll get "his way" more often... but believe me he earned it,,,,,often times the hard way.

#benicetobode

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Amen. Amen. Amen a thousand times. Chris and I have said over and over again how we kind of can't wait for Max to be able to push Natalie back and how he's probably earned at least a few sans punishment.