Thursday, February 20, 2014

this is why we can't be friends: sandwich

Why do you do when someone you care for isn't living up to their potential?

Perhaps provide encouragement? Helpful words of advice?

I may have mentioned before that Andy and I have our own morning roles.  

(Andy, I encourage you to ONLY READ THE WORDS IN BLUE from here out...)

Aside from getting ourselves ready, I also (typically):
  • Wake up baby girl
  • pack the diaper bag (including diapers, change of clothes, whole milk, etc.)
  • pick out cora's clothes (including finding socks that nearly always match)
  • wrestle cora into clothes for the day
  • look for cora's shoes then put them on her
  • bribe cora with food so she will put her coat on
  •  AND...make smoothies for Andy and I
In addition to getting himself ready, Andy also:
  • makes us sandwhichs
hmm. I guess that didn't really need a bullet point...
Anywho, that's our routine and that's fine...EXCEPT. Mr. Andy has not been living up to his sandwich making potential.  I have been "encouraging" him to cut my sandwich in half forEVER -- he KNOWS that is how I prefer it...but he is pretty hit and miss...with this week being ALL MISSES.  To the point where I have sort of given up (cut it in half myself this morning)
Okay, you are thinking, "hey the guys making you a sandwich let it go."
First of all, I do make him a smoothie every morning, BUT, even if you had a point and I did decide to embrace mediocrity in this way....TODAY I OPEN MY LUNCH TO FIND THIS: 



WHAT???? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FREAKING KIDDING ME. EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT THE CHEESE AND THE LETTUCE/SPINACH BOTH GO ON THE TOP.

everybody.

knows.

that. 

I mean seriously. What has a girl got to do get a properly made sandwich?

This is why we can't be friends.



No comments: