Tuesday, December 20, 2011

this is why we can't be friends: which one of these is not like the other?

I'm anal...errrr ummm... detail oriented. But Andy takes it to a whole new RIDICULOUS level:

This is Andy laying out all of his socks...

Then meticulously inspecting and matching them up so the "right" exactly the same pair of white socks get paired together.

You wouldn't even believe me if I told you how much time is spent on this.

oh wait, there's more. The above matching method is for white socks only.

Wool socks get special treatment. They are "marked" so that he KNOWS FOR SURE which sock goes with which.

This pair each has a black line on it...

I was told that this pair didn't need to be marked because you can look at the heels and according to Andy, "you can tell that they are friends"...

These are wool sock liners, also privy to the "special treatment"...the one of the right has a faded red dot, the one on the left, 2 black lines...


Okay, so I knew about the anal laying out the socks matching thing...but I just found out about the wool sock coding system last night...although apparently it started when we lived in Estes Park.


Andy, this is why we can't be friends..

3 comments:

Andy said...

Everybody rotates their vehicle's tires, right? AND, when you do this, you follow a certain pattern to get even wear to allow for the safest performance of your tires, right? You wouldn't want a tire worn so badly that the steel is showing on the left front, next to a tire thats brand new (trust me, I know this from personal experience with the Ranger, its not fun to have a left front tire blow at highway speeds!) Socks are the same way! Maybe not in my everyday life now of a little bit of walking through fields and sitting at a desk, but on the fireline your life depends on your feet! And you have to manage your (foot) gear for best performance!

Andy said...

and it really didn't take me that long

Sandy said...

umm..it took you like an hour.