Friday, July 15, 2011

Some like it hot...

Squirrels (apparently) do not.

In case you don't live here this is the week's forecast:

Today: 98 (although the feels like is already 99 and it isn't even noon yet)

Saturday: 100

Sunday: 100

Monday: 101

Tuesday: 101

Wednesday: 102

Thursday: 102

Friday: well I don't know but one can only assume that we will literally burst into flame at this point...good thing I'm going to be out of town.

I'm not complaining. It's July in Kansas, it is supposed to be hot. 110 heat index, whatev. bring me my jacket. This squirrel, however, is clearly not as tough as me:

I saw him on campus today, running along an adjacent pipe, then clinging to the cold pipes coming out of the air conditioner...no kidding he just laid their for like 30 minutes (maybe longer). How do I know this...because I had to walk back to my office to get my phone then walk back and get these photos (yes a really productive 20 minutes for me).

No comments: