Friday, November 12, 2010

hmm. interesting: from Alaska

My sister-in-law found this installment of "hmm. interesting" on craig's list..here is what she had to say...

I was just flipping thru Craigslist today and saw this in the "wanted" section. The heading was "shopping carts," and I was wondering if it was someone for our Thanksgiving Blessing (food ditribution) project coming up that needed the carts, so I clicked on the ad and it said...

" I am in need of some shopping carts so that we can modify them for our physics class demonstration. I am looking to get 2 or 3 or 4. I don't have a lot of money to spend on these, but i do have a hamster i would be willing to trade? Email me and let me know if you have some. Or call me or text me..." and then gave the phone numbers.

So, does anyone else laugh out loud at someone looking to trade a HAMSTER for 2 or 3 or 4 (not 2-4, but 2 or 3 or 4) shopping carts? There is so much to this simple 2-line posting...


Thanks, Laura, for the laugh! It's good to know that in some parts of the world hampsters can be exchanged for currency....

No comments: